I’ve had the EVO 4G for a little over a week now and I must say that it is WAYYY better than my PalmPre ever was (although the webOS seems to handle multitasking a bit better).
Anyway, here is my list of the best apps I’ve found for this thing, in no particular order
- Layar Reality Browser – Super fun. Not quite up to it’s potential yet but soon will be and I predict AR (augmented reality) will change the way we use mobile within the next 2 years. It’s pretty awesome.
- Dropbox – If you don’t know what dropbox is, educate yourself son! The Android app for Dropbox works great and basically makes it super easy to get any file on your EVO. A must have.
- Tweetcaster (free) – This is the best Twitter app for the Android that I’ve been able to find. It’s interface is so-so but it’s fast and user friendly. I am hoping Tweetdeck comes out with one soon, but for now this is serving it’s purpose.
- AppBrain – This app is a NO brainer (pun intended). It helps you keep your apps organized and the interaction between the phone and the appbrain website is flawless!
- Fring – One of the best features of the EVO is it’s front facing camera. The phone comes with Qik installed but don’t be fooled. The video call app cost $5 a month. Fring does the same thing, but is way cheaper. FREE! It’s super easy to set up and you’ll be making video calls in no time… well once everyone else gets on FRING and has a front facing camera.
- Honerable Mention: Megaman Sounds and Ringtones – The name says it all. It’s awesome if you’ve ever played MM then you’ll love this app!