Summary of Strengths
- In-depth knowledge of Interactive User Interface Design & User Experience Strategy with a keen eye of current trends in the interactive space.
- Adept at creating aesthetically compelling interface designs that meet strategic objectives.
- A dynamic team player with well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Social Media: WordPress, Tumblr, Posterous, Facebook, Twitter (CoTweet, Tweetdeck, etc.)
Microsoft: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
UX: Protio.io, UXPin, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, InDesign, Flairbuilder
Misc: Google Analytics, Various Mobile Technologies and Platforms, iOS, Android, App and Mobile Web Development
Dick’s Sporting Goods | Pittsburgh, PA
Manager of Web Design – December 2012 – Present
Responsible for managing the creative process for Dick’s Sporting Goods web properties, including the creative aspects of site content updates, support for front-end feature/functionality enhancements, launching new websites and providing quality control over the entire process.
I work closely with partners in various departments throughout the company (eCommerce, Marketing,
Merchandising) to define the requirements of major projects. I ensure deliverables are on time, on budget and in compliance with company branding standards.
Full responsibility for the productivity of the web design team, as well as recruitment and retention of staff.
- Work with Manager of Web Development to execute daily creative and content updates to
- Dick’s Sporting Goods web properties (commerce and non-commerce).
- Provide creative management of projects resulting in updates/upgrades to functionality and appearance of all Dick’s Sporting Goods web properties. Includes the design and launch of new websites.
- Develop and enforce Dick’s web design and display standards and guidelines.
- Administer project/task management system to drive productivity of design team.
- Perform administrative tasks related to management of the team.
MARC USA | Pittsburgh, PA
Lead Interactive Designer – June 2012 – December 2012
Senior Interactive Design – Dec 2010 – June 2012
- Lead at team of UX and UI Interactive Designers that are responsible for aspects of web site usability such as user experience, user flow, and information architecture.
- Create and evolve online design and brand standards for ensuring consistency and predictability to the end user.
- Create wireframes and visual mock up for web and mobile interactive designs for a large client base.
- Manage a growing Interactive Design team based in Pittsburgh and Chicago.
- Help consult clients Social Strategy campaigns.
- Introduced Responsive Web Design best practices.
- Significant online experience, from complex, transactional website design to banner ad to emails.
- Collaborate effectively with copywriters, front-end developers and project managers as well as other traditional design creative’s and the internal clients.
- Generate ideas and suggestions on design strategy/solutions and other aspects of the user experience and creative industry via my crowd sourced blog http:www.finditshareit.com
PNC Financial Services Group – Interactive Marketing | Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Experiential Designer / Social Strategy Producer – May 2008 – December 2010
- Integral to the development of PNC’s social influence marketing strategy including developing and creating PNC’s Twitter, YouTube and Facebook Standards and Guidelines.
- Managed the design of 200+ web sites and landing pages as the lead designer for PNC.com and PNC-related web materials.
- Work closely with web producers to develop wireframes and visual mock ups for PNC.com and affiliated sites.
- Developed and maintain the PNC.com Standards and Guidelines to help ensure the integrity of the PNC brand online.
OpenDoor Creative | Pittsburgh, PA
Creative Director/Designer Sept 2006 – May 2008
- Part of an experienced creative team assisting non-profit organizations and small businesses with their advertising and marketing needs.
- Translated clients’ informational content into print marketing materials and functional websites using effective design.
- Procured new business opportunities and helped to manage accounts.
- Kept current on industry trends and competition in each client’s market.
- Partnered with writer on messaging aspects of advertising and marketing materials.
The Paradiso Group | Pittsburgh, PA
Art Director June 2005 – Sept 2006
- Created and executed design concepts and developed artwork for print advertising and other collateral for our client, UPMC.
- Collaborated with Creative Director to oversee the artistic development of television advertisements and original photography for print advertisements.
- Supervised photographers and production staff to ensure the visual look and appeal of television commercials aligned with clients’ brand.
- Worked with copywriter to develop strategies for campaigns.
2002 – The Art Institute of Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
1998 – West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Bachelor of Science in Journalism (Advertising Concentration)