At least that’s what this survey tells us.
I’ve been in some pretty heated debates about this subject and tend agree with the above graphic, but my friends in PR would totally disagree, or at least they did.
Ultimately, we’ve all discovered that social isn’t something that just one department can cover.
Here how it breaks down in my experience:
- Interactive Marketing wants to control the technology and monitor social.
- PR wants to control the message of social.
- Traditional Marketing wants social to be a part of a larger campaign.
- Agency wants social to match their billboards and tv ads and look purdy.
- Legal wants us not to get sued by social.
So it leaves us with a large committee of professionals all working together to make a social strategy that works. Baby steps. Baby Steps! And this works … for now.