Interaction Design – Beyond the Wireframe
Interaction designers should be involved in all parts of “The Process” but typically only get used in the “Design” phase.
Mind Blowing moment #1: “The Interface isn’t the solution!!”
Major step that is ALWAYS missing in design. NO STRATEGY behind the WHY of the site. Jumping to the interface isn’t the right solution. We don’t solve the problem without synthesizing or strategizing the solution. This creates too many revision, no respect for IxD, and makes the designer crazy.
So how do we fix this problem of not thinking enough before jumping to an interface????
Things to think about:
- Who am I working with?
- Who can help me solve the problem?
- What is the problem?
- Who am I solving for?
- What is information/content that I’m working with?
- Modeling the solution (sans interface)
- Getting the team on board <<< YIPES
- What is the information priority?